top of page

Home > Our Community > Health & Safety

Health and Safety

Union Park’s committees are made up of dedicated and engaged volunteers from our community. They meet once a month and work on issues including transportation, land development, parks improvements, community building and more. They provide a forum for community discussion, inform residents, and make recommendations to the Board and city decision-makers on community issues. Committee meetings are open to the public, and we welcome residents to attend – and to join. It's easy and rewarding to get involved in the community by serving on a committee. For more information, feel free to contact us, or just show up!

Health Resources

Visit our Covid-19 page here.

Search for free or low-cost health options at Bridge to Benefits.

Find out if you qualify for Minnesota Medical Assistance.

Look for health care coverage through MNSure.

Family Tree Clinic, located here in Union Park, provides free, low-cost and sliding fee scale reproductive health, LGBTQ health, and mental health services and community education.

Learn about lead content in drinking water, including how to get your household tap water tested for free, at the city of St. Paul website here.

Learn about radon, and get information about low-cost radon testing kits, from Ramsey County here.

Crime & Safety Information

There are many ways to stay in informed and be proactive about crime and safety in Union Park.  Our community is part of Saint Paul’s Western District. You can follow the Western District on Facebook, and join them for monthly community meetings on the third Tuesday of each month at both 9:30 a.m. and 6:30 p.m. at 389 North Hamline Avenue.

Read an interview  with former Crime Prevention Specialist, Pam McCreary about how to better protect your house and neighborhood. In the interview Pam shares tips from her many years in service.

Vacation Watch

Vacation Watch is a free service provided by the Saint Paul Police Department. If you are going to be away from home for 2-30 days, you can register to have Reserve Officers check on your home. If there is any evidence that your home has been tampered with, it will be treated as a possible burglary in progress. Call the Community Services Unit at (651) 266-5485 to sign up.

Premises check

Another free program provides residents with a security premise evaluation. A Reserve Officer will evaluate your home and discuss lighting, locks, security systems, windows, and other security measures you could take to improve your home’s safety. Some insurance companies provide premium discounts to residents participating in the security audit. Call the Community Services Unit at (651) 266-5485 for more information.

Online police reporting

You should always call 911 in an emergency or if you are observing suspicious activity in process. However, the Saint Paul Police Department also offers an online police reporting system that allows you to file online police reports for certain incidents that:

  • are non-emergencies

  • occurred within the city of St. Paul

  • have no known suspects

  • did not occur on an interstate freeway

  • are not motivated by bias

Burglary of a detached garage, damage to property, fraud and forgery, harassing phone calls, illegal dumping, lost property and theft from automobiles are examples of crimes that can be reported. Once you submit the information, it is reviewed by a police officer, entered into the records management system and assigned a case number. You’ll be emailed a copy of the police report, which can be used for insurance purposes.

bottom of page