Union Park District Council is hiring!
The Executive Director represents Union Park District Council in the community, at the city level and at community events sponsored by the Council. In this position the Executive Director is also responsible for the day-to-day operations of the organization, which includes administrative and financial planning, the implementation of various neighborhood programs and projects.
The Executive Director is responsible for all aspects of financial planning, budget planning and reporting. In that capacity the Executive Director will be responsible to:
● Ensure in partnership with the organization accountant that all reporting follows federal, state, and local laws;
● Create, analyze financial data to be used in planning future financial needs;
● Manage organization work plans and calendars;
● Prepare the annual budget, and manage tracking of funds to ensure the organization’s solvency.
Outreach and Community Organizing
The Executive Director will work closely with staff, Board members, and community volunteers to develop and implement programs, events, and projects that foster community members participation.
● Establish working partnership with public and private agencies, businesses, neighborhood organizations and other stakeholders within Union Park District Council as well as the other St Paul District Councils;
● Provide timely response to inquiries and information on resources available;
● Represent Union Park District Council at various community conversations, such as police crime prevention, business association, chamber of commerce events and others as the need arises.
Public Relations and Communication
The Executive Director will be responsible for managing all internal and external communication as it pertains to the work of the council, as well as, to:
● Serve as a community spokesperson and provide information about Council activities to the local media outlets;
● Coordinate the creation and distribution of all electronic material including the Council monthly newsletter;
● Support the maintenance of the Council’s website and social media presence.
The Executive Director is responsible to coach, oversee and direct the Program Manager and interns to:
● Provide leadership, work direction, and oversight to staff;
● Work to foster a productive, engaged, positive team environment, and to support staff in implementing their useful and creative ideas in support of the Council’s mission;
● Complete annual performance reviews, maintain personnel files, assist staff in professional development.
Fundraising and Grantmaking
● Prepare annual city contract submissions.
● Develop and maintain relationships with funders and submit grant proposals to support operation and projects funding in line with the organization’s mission.
● Manage budgets, execution of grant-funded projects including all requirements set forth by the terms of the grants.
● Coordinate annual fundraising campaigns and identify new funding sources to increase outreach and operations.
Board and Committee Support
● Manage all activities required for the monthly Council’s Board meeting, including staff report, information packets to the Board, and all functions to ensure a continuous exchange of information and informed decision making.
● Track and understand development, transportation, and parks related projects within the district. ● Ensure that the office of the Executive Director has forward-facing representation to volunteers.
● Other duties as assigned by the Board or President.
● Ideal candidates will have between 3-5 years of relevant work experience, including organizational management, grant writing and fiscal management.
● Strong knowledge of public and private agencies involved in the work of the Council.
● At ease with diverse cultural and linguistic communities.
● Ability to solve issues with minimal direction.
● Experience working with diverse communities and connecting across cultural differences ● Fluency in Somali, Oromo, Amharic, or Spanish
● Resident of, or demonstrated connection to, Union Park
This is a full-time exempt position with earned PTO and 10 paid holidays. Some evening and weekend work is required. The starting salary range is $55,000-$60,000 per year with no medical benefits.
Please email a cover letter, resume, and three references to:
Search Committee Chair
Union Park District Council