top of page

Home > Covid-19 Resources


Information, Resources, and Ways to Help or Get Help

Union Park District Council is following the guidance of the Minnesota Department of Health and the Center for Disease Control to slow the spread of the Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) and help protect the health and safety of its staff, partners and the community. 

General Information

The State of Minnesota's peacetime emergency preventing property owners from evicting residents for not paying rent has ended. Financial assistance is available to renters who owe rent and have been financially impacted by COVID-19.
Ramsey County and the City of Saint Paul have teamed up to create the Saint Paul -Ramsey County Rent Assistance Program, a new tenant assistance program for Ramsey County renters struggling to pay rent due to the financial burdens of COVID-19.RentHelpMN is available for COVID-19 emergency rent and utility bill assistance is currently prioritizing renters who owe back rent. Eligible renters can receive help with rent and utility bills dated on or after March 13, 2020. Apply for RentHelpMN online or call 211. The 211 helpline has dedicated multilingual staff available to answer questions about RentHelpMN 8 a.m. - 8 p.m. Monday through Saturday.

Income, Food Support, Basic Needs

On March 16, 2020, Minnesota Governor Tim Walz issued an executive order to ensure workers affected by the COVID-19 pandemic have full access to unemployment benefits. The executive order makes applicants eligible for unemployment benefits if:

  • A healthcare professional or health authority recommended or ordered them to avoid contact with others.

  • They have been ordered not to come to their workplace due to an outbreak of a communicable disease.

  • They have received notification from a school district, daycare, or other childcare providers that either classes are canceled or the applicant’s ordinary childcare is unavailable, provided that the applicant made reasonable effort to obtain other childcare and requested time off or other accommodation from the employer and no reasonable accommodation was available.


Greater Twin Cities United Way’s 2-1-1 Resource Hotline: If you or someone you know is in need, dial 2-1-1 or text the letters MNCOVID to 898-211.

Their Certified Community Resource Specialists are trained to make appropriate referrals for people who believe they are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms. They also are available to provide local resources related to accessing food, paying housing bills and other essential services. Another helpful resource is our 2-1-1 website.

  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Instagram
bottom of page