top of page

Home > Our Community > Housing


Resources for students, renters, homeowners, unsheltered neighbors, and how to find help.​

Unsheltered Neighbors

To help connect someone in need of shelter, contact 651-291-1111, 651-266-7818, or

If you see concerning conditions that threaten the health/safety of individuals experiencing houselessness call 651-266-8989 (M-F 7:30am - 4:30pm)

Ramsey county offers housing resources and support.

St. Paul has a page about its response to unsheltered homelessness during Covid-19 here.

Resources for Renters

As of March 1, 2021, renters in St. Paul are covered by S.A.F.E. housing tenant protections.

HOME Line MN is a tenant advocacy organization that provides free and low-cost legal, organizing, education, and advocacy services so that tenants throughout Minnesota can solve their own rental housing problems.

The Minnesota Housing Finance Agency has resources for finding and paying for rental housing.

Housing link has a Covid-19 resources page for renters.

Energy, Food, and Housing support

Community Action Partnership of Ramsey and Washington Counties offers a variety of services to help meet the immediate needs of people living in Ramsey and Washington counties. They can help you pay your heat and water bills, keep your home safe and warm, access Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) benefits, get your home weatherized, apply for a car loan, and assist you with filing your taxes.

Excel Energy offers appliance repair, refrigerator recycling services, home energy audits, rebates for efficient appliances, and other help to find ways to save money and energy.

The Center for Energy and Environment offers a variety of programs and resources for improving home energy efficiency.

Student Housing

Did you know that there is a "Student Housing Overlay District" which covers parts of Mac Groveland and Merriam Park? Properties renting to students in the overlay district must meet certain requirements, and register with the city. A student dwelling is a one- or two-family dwelling requiring a fire certificate of occupancy (non-owner occupied) in which at least one unit is occupied by at least three students.  Learn more at the city website here

screenshot of student housing map available at city website


Radon is a naturally-occurring, radioactive gas. It is odorless, tasteless and invisible. Radon may enter a home anywhere there is an opening between the home and the soil. These openings include cracks in the foundation, floor drains and sumps.

Learn about radon, and get information about low-cost radon testing kits, from Ramsey County here.


Lead is a toxic metal that was used for many years in products in and around our homes. It can be found in many homes and buildings that were built before 1978. Homes built in St. Paul before 1927 may have lead water supply lines.

Learn about lead content in drinking water, including how to get your household tap water tested for free, at the city of St. Paul website here.

Ramsey County has information about dealing with household lead here.

  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Instagram
bottom of page