Community Engagement Coordinator
The Community Engagement Coordinator collaborates with the Executive Director in community engagement efforts related to event planning, program coordination, communications, fundraising, grant writing, committee support, and other areas assigned by the Executive Director.
Event and Program Coordination – 50%
- Plan and execute community engagement events by organizing community partners and volunteers, securing food and entertainment, and crafting effective community engagement strategies (e.g., outreach related to transportation improvements, annual ice cream social).
- Identify potential collaborators and partners that align with organizational goals and activities.
- Organize community meetings to address neighborhood issues, and coordinate quarterly socials to convene volunteers.
- Manage Union Park’s micro-grant program and oversee execution of awarded volunteer-initiated projects.
- Participate in planning the citywide Stop for Me pedestrian safety campaign, and other related pedestrian and transit-oriented activities.
- Coordinate public art projects to achieve community building and placemaking.
- Create new community events and programs to meet identified resident needs.
- Execute grant projects related to engagement efforts and prepare reports.
Communications – 20%
- Collaborate with the Executive Director to write and design our monthly e-newsletter.
- Update the website, social media, and local news sources with events and notices.
- Promptly and effectively correspond via phone, email, social media, and in-person.
- Create promotional materials and flyers for events and programs.
Committee Support and Outreach – 15%
- Provide staff support for the Neighborhood Involvement and Environment & Parks Committees, including logistical assistance, issues research, and communications on committee activities.
- Serve as liaison to the Saint Paul Police Department; attend crime prevention meetings.
- Represent Union Park at district council meetings and other meetings as determined in conjunction with the Executive Director.
- Identify opportunities to engage diverse set of stakeholders and collaborate with community partners to create programming that meets needs identified by affected residents.
Fundraising and General Operations – 15%
- Identify grant opportunities and prepare applications for grants.
- Manage the annual fundraising campaign.
- Develop and foster relationships with businesses and other potential grantors.
- Assist the Executive Director in daily office operations, including bill paying, record keeping, managing email lists, purchasing office supplies, and maintaining the office.
- Recruit and supervise interns and work study students in conjunction with Executive Director.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, and the ability to create and maintain network of relationships
- Strong ability to work independently, establish priorities, work efficiently with frequent interruptions
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Ability to handle change and conflict with professionalism and grace
- Demonstrated comfort working with diverse ages, ethnicities, and income levels
- Enthusiasm for community engagement work
- Skills in organizing and maintaining detailed records and data for reporting purposes
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, social media, and other computer skills
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least one year experience working on community outreach, event coordination, volunteer recruitment, and project management
- Experience working within Saint Paul, especially in local government or nonprofits
- A connection to the Union Park community
Status: Full-time; will require some evenings and weekends
Salary: $32,000-$36,000 annually
Please e-mail cover letter, resume, and three references to:
Julie Reiter, Executive Director, Union Park District Council
161 North Snelling Avenue
St. Paul, MN 55104